- 1) Can the WGI Certified Professional Coaches Course really teach me what I need to know in only sixteen hours?
- 2) Does my WGI Certified Professional Coaches accreditation have real value?
- 3) Will I have to take a test to receive my CPC certificate?
- 4) If I take WGI’s Certified Professional Coaches course over the internet, will I learn as much as in person?
- 5) What materials will I need for the course?
- 6) Are there any hidden costs associated with your course?
- 7) Do I need a college degree to become a Certified Professional Coach?
- 8) Do you provide support after I graduate
- 9) Will I need to get recertified each year with WGI?
- 10) How do I get started?
1) Can the WGI Certified Professional Coaches Course really teach me what I need to know in only sixteen hours?
We answer this question confidently, with an absolute YES!
The power of our course is in WGI’s Professional Coaching System. Your success as a Certified Professional Coach will be directly related to your ability to provide meaningful coaching experiences to each and every client you serve. During our sixteen hour course you’ll learn everything you will need to know to effectively use WGI’s Professional Coaching System and help your clients achieve the success they desire. Remember, great coaching is not about the answers you give; it’s about the questions you ask. With WGI’s Professional Coaching System you’ll learn exactly what questions to ask. From your initial client interview, to setting short and long-term goals, you’ll learn how to listen and understand exactly what motivates your clients. You’ll learn how to most effectively communicate with each client based on their individual learning modalities. We’ll teach you how to help your clients clearly articulate their goals and objectives and how to assist them in identifying, understanding and eliminating the obstacles that may have kept them from achieving success in the past.
WGI’s Professional Coaching System will give you the tools to assist your clients in developing step-by-step action plans to success in all aspects of their life. And, as the coaching process continues you’ll know exactly how to help your clients remain motivated and accountable as they work to achieve their objectives. Most of all, you’ll be able to do this with complete confidence because you will have a proven easy-to-use professional coaching system that really works.
Yes, the CPC is credentialed by the SLA which requires continued education to keep your certification. WG is the approved coaching provider, and along with other applied learning opportunities, you will have multiple opportunities to recertify or become a life-time master coach which does not required continued education every two years.
The value of Certification
92% of professional new-hires and promotions were awarded to individuals certified (see SHRM, 2010/12). Furthermore, the CPC certification credentialed by the SLA not only ensures your applied performance but also awards AASCB academic credit for your participation (optional to obtain). This is done by using a two to four week applied certification process after completing the required WB learning program. This experience captures and measures your applied effectiveness skills that are most in-demand and expected skills (see SJI, 2013). With this learning-based and 3rd party credentialing you are sure to be recognize as a professional coach after your first month of applied learning.
Payscale reports that credentialed professionals earn 30% more than non-certified professionals (2012)
Yes. To receive your WGI Certified Professional Coach certificate, you must demonstrate mastery of our WGI Professional Coaching System. However, this is nothing to fear because at WGI, we guarantee your success.
Your success is our mission and our responsibility. We’re excellent teachers and our curriculum is straight forward and easy to learn. However, if for any reason you do not to pass your final mastery assessment, you can retake our course, at no cost, as many times as you may need until you receive your WGI CPC certificate.
4) If I take WGI’s Certified Professional Coaches course over the internet, will I learn as much as in person?
Absolutely. Our live online webinar course and our self-directed video course is taught by experienced WGI Master Coaches and delivers exactly the same professional content which you would receive by attending one of our live in-person courses. The main difference is that: you won’t lose any time traveling to and from the course or incur the expenses for airfare, meals and accommodations. And, you’ll have the opportunity earn your credentials in the comfort of your own home or office. We realize that many coaches conduct their sessions over the phone and we decided that training coaches via the internet just makes sense.
To date, we have trained and certified over 3000 successful graduates through our online courses.
All you will need is a pen or pencil and a computer with an internet connection. If you decide to join us for a live webinar based class, you will also need a telephone. We will supply you with all the rest including your WGI Coach Training Manual, class handouts and WGI’s professional coaching tools which you will use not only in the course, but throughout your coaching career. We will also send you your Professional Coaching Certificate and additional coaching tools once you graduate.
Absolutely not. Your tuition includes:
- Sixteen Hour Certified Professional Coach Course facilitated by a Certified Master Coach
- 3rd party credentialing through the Strategic Learning Alliance
- Optional AASCB (top 15% graduate business course) credits in cooperation with SLA and their affiliates
- Telephone and Internet Access to WGI Master Coach Question Center
- Lifetime Use of Fowler Wainwright Professional Coaching System
- WGI Coach Training Manual
- WGI Course Handouts
- WGI Proven Professional Coaching Tools
- WGI Coach’s Quick Reference Guide
- Certified Professional Coach Exam (included)
- Certified Professional Coach Certificate Digital for your website
- Certified Professional Coach Certificate Hardcopy for Your Wall
- Access to Wainwright Global’s Coach Community
- Monthly Newsletter
- Free Monthly Business Building Webinars
- Free Coaching Groups
No. You do not need a college degree or years of experience in helping others to become a successful professional coach. The most important thing you do need is a genuine desire to help others. If you have that, WGI will supply you with everything else.
All of us a WGI are committed to your success. We are also committed to providing you with an abundance of ongoing support. Once you graduate, you will be in business for yourself, but not by yourself.
CPC and other credentialed professionals are required to continue their education by earning 24 CEU’s through SLA approved programs. For information about the CPC learning-based certification visit the Strategic Learning Alliance
Simply decide which WGI course is right for you and register. Before long, you will join a community of the world’s finest coaches and begin changing lives for the better.